Filed under "Things To Do"
Ankeny Area Summer Bucket List 2018Thursday, June 7, 2018
Ankeny parents everywhere, you may all breathe a collective sigh of relief right now, as we present you with the key to summer with kids! We’ve done the work for you and created a list of fun, FAMILY FRIENDLY ANKENY AREA ACTIVITIES to keep the kids busy and your adventures exciting!
1. Fun in the Sun at Prairie Ridge Aquatic Center and Splash Park.
2. Testing the waters (including the Flowrider Surf Machine!) at Cascade Falls.
3. See a show by taking advantage of the reduced price movies at local theaters.
4. Spend time with the family and see the sites at Ledges State Park.
5. The perfect spot to picnic AND enjoy art -- PapaJohn Sculpture Garden.
6. Kirkendall Public Library summer reading program and frequent special events.
7. Play while getting a spray at the American Legion Garden park.
8. Another way to stay cool while burning some energy -- Dean Park in Prairie Trail.
10. Feed the ducks at Hawkeye Park.
11. Take in all the fun activities of SummerFest, an Ankeny tradition.
12. Catch a free flick on a warm summer night at Movie Under The Stars.
13. Ride the rides and see the sights at Adventureland Park.
14. Have fun in, on, and around Gray’s Lake.
15. Get our play on with friends and neighbors at Ankeny’s All City Play Day.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.